We have an exciting opportunity for Infrastructure analysts to join our clients I.T Team based in Liverpool, reporting to the IT Infrastructure Manager.
• Salary Neg DOE
• Hours 35 hours per week (08:00 to 18:00 (Mon-Friday) Happy to talk Flexible working options
• Department IT Operations - Infrastructure
• Location Liverpool
Offering a wide range of benefits to all employees including:
• 25 days’ annual leave
• Birthday privilege day and Christmas shutdown
• Holiday buy, sell and carryover scheme
• 2 charity volunteering or pro bono days
• Flexible, agile and home working
• Permanent health insurance
• Flexible pension scheme
• EAP with access to counselling
• Enhanced family leave policies
• Access to 10 days fully subsidised emergency or back-up care per year
• Life assurance
• Annual travel season ticket loan
• Dress for your day policy
• Bespoke training and development opportunities
• Financial contribution towards home working equipment Introduction to the team
The Infrastructure Team are a dynamic team of IT Professionals based across Liverpool and Manchester and Singapore. The team are responsible for the delivery of technical projects, management and BAU upkeep of the firms infrastructure, applications and SQL (Managed by a dedicated SQL function).
Our team are currently working with some of the latest technologies in the market, including a Software Defined WAN, Software Defined Datacentre and migration of core applications to SAAS and IAAS platforms where suitable. You can guarantee no two days will be the same and the workload is varied. They have embarked on an ambitious consolidation and upgrade roadmap, that will see most services aligned with the IT and Business Strategy. As a result, you will be working with some of the latest technologies on the market and given the opportunity to manage and own the technical delivery of our projects. Where possible, training will also be provided on new and emerging technologies to allow you to support them in full. The successful candidate will report to the Service Delivery Manager – Infrastructure and form part of our technical infrastructure team, who pride themselves in the successful delivery of infrastructure and application-based projects.
We pride ourselves in the work we deliver and the team are friendly and dynamic, always willing to help others in understanding the systems and roadmap we have. With the broadening technology stack, we appreciate that expertise in all technologies isn’t possible but the role requires an enthusiastic and motivated professional who can develop and lead on any emerging workstreams.
As well as being a member of our Infrastructure team, you will also closely align with our solutions architect, project management office and service desk teams.
• Work closely with the Service Delivery Manager – Infrastructure to develop and maintain the Operational Infrastructure / IT Systems our client offers across their UK and International Offices.
• To support and contribute to the organisation’s corporate goals and business objectives.
• Act as a point of escalation to Service Desk Analysts and support them in identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving complex issues.
• Embrace change defined by the IT Project Roadmap.
• Support the IT departmental policies for the organisation which includes all service delivery matters, technological matters, hardware, and software procurement & IT services sourcing.
• Work in a collaborative way with all IT teams to support the implementation of the IT vision and strategy.
• Proactively contribute to knowledge transfer to the IT Service Desk to move repetitive and well documented tasks to this team.
• Create and maintain systems configuration documentation, including creating and maintaining test plans and recovery methods of all systems.
• Keep up to date on infrastructure and security trends, developments and the associated opportunities and contribute to the development of plans to exploit those trends to improve the IT service delivery to the firm.
What we are looking for
• A strong understanding of VMware management and maintenance.
• A strong understanding of Microsoft Server technologies and associated services, including Server 2012, 2016 and 2019.
• A good level of networking knowledge, from a troubleshooting and routing perspective. Basic switch configuration knowledge would be desirable.
• An understanding of Disaster Recovery and High Availability technologies, to achieve strong recovery point / recovery time objectives.
• Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Sites / Services, and native replication technologies.
• Windows file services including DFSR.
• A strong understanding of applications, HA technologies and how we can make our applications highly available for BC / DR purposes. While an understanding of all internal applications isn’t essential, a strong level of knowledge in different applications and server back-end configuration is essential.
• A good understanding of monitoring technologies including tools such as SolarWinds in addition to SNMP and MIB sets to configure and fine tune service monitoring to correctly alert and give statistics on availability and performance.
• A good understanding of telephony and phone systems, including SIP trunking and routing.
• An understanding / reference in the use of change management / problem management.
• A strong understanding of technical workloads and an analytical focus on troubleshooting, time, and task management.
All successful candidates will be subject to our standard pre-employment screening, including a basic criminal record check via Disclosure and Barring Service. Any offer of employment made is conditional upon completion of all checks.